Club Soccer Program
The City SC Lake Elsinore Competitive Program offers professional coaching and a higher level of play to players age 4 to 18. The City SC Player Development Program is a progressive development academy where players will receive age-appropriate training and playing opportunities under the direction of top professional coaches. City SC utilizes a specific soccer curriculum that is appropriate for each age group and level of play.
WHAT DO REGISTRATION FEES COVER?
The competitive season at City SC Lake Elsinore spans over roughly ten months. Registration fees are used to pay for professional coaches, US Club Soccer fees and insurance costs, SOCAL league fees, administrative fees and staff, equipment, fields/facility usage fees, lights, referees, team training camp, goalkeeper training program, select skills clinics, college recruitment services and resources (ScoutingZone subscription/full time college liaison).
City SC Lake Elsinore offers a top level Goalkeeping Program. Through the specifically tailored program, our keepers will receive age-appropriate training lead by our talented Goalkeeper Coach, Alan Poche.
As a club, City SC understands the important role that our keepers play and offer a curriculum based program that puts an emphasis on all aspects of this specialized position. Each goalkeeper session is divided into age groups and then skills levels.
The session sizes are small which gives each keeper the attention required. General training sessions will include the following topics:
- Body positioning: how to properly be positioned for any kind of shot, including corner and penalty kicks, upper 90s, breakaways, and crossovers
- Speed, agility, and quickness (SAQ): how to get to the ball quickly, while maintaining technique, balance, and body control
- Ball distribution: when to use what kind of distribution (punting, kicking, passing, throwing, or rolling the ball) in games and how to perfect technique for better accuracy and more power
- Diving: how to react to shots on the ground or in the air
- On-field communications: why it’s important to be vocal as a goalkeeper and what communications methods are effective in getting messages heard